INSTRUCTOR WORKSHOP - Limited to 25 Attendees - Cost $400.00 ($375 with early registration)
The PATH Int'l Instructor Workshop will be held on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, November 16-19, 2016. The workshop is open to anyone interested in gaining or improving their knowledge and skills as a therapeutic riding instructor. PATH individual membership is required. Topics covered:
* Disabilities * Equipment
* Teaching theory, methodology, and Techniques * Mounting techniques
* Horse Analysis * Adapted equipment / Volunteer management
To register, complete and send the attached "Intent To Attend" form (photocopies ok) with your fee payable to Born 2 Be TEC. If paying by credit card, use the button at the bottom "GIVE DIRECT". www..born2betec.org
CERTIFICATION - Limited to 10 Attendees - Cost $300.00 ($275 with early registration)
The Registered Instructor Certification will be held on the evening of November 18 and November 19. Candidates who wish to apply for this on-site certification should:
* Complete and send to Born 2 Be Therapeutic Equestrian Center:
1) The Registration form
2) Fee payable to Born 2 Be Therapeutic Equestrian Center. If paying by credit card, use "PAY HERE" button at bottom of page.
3) A copy of your "Confirmation of Instructor-In-Training" status letter from PATH.
4) Copy of your current PATH membership card
5) Copies of your current CPR & First Aid Cards
The Phase II Packet will be sent upon receipt of your Registration form, required documents listed and payment. Please complete the forms, make a copy including proof of First Aid and CPR certification and copy of PATH membership card and return to Born 2 Be by October 20, 2015.
* Certification Candidates must attend the workshop on the 18th, 19th and 20th or have proof of attendance at a previous PATH Registered
Instructor Workshop within the last twenty-four months.
* Candidates will be required to ride the riding demonstration pattern on the evening of November 20th. You may choose between Western
and English tack for the riding pattern outlined in the application materials. You have the choice of riding a Born 2 Be horse or bringing your
own. If you plan to ride a Born 2 Be horse, please note that the weight limit is 200 lbs. If bringing a horse, proof of negative Coggins and a stall
fee will be required.
* On Certification Day, November 19, Candidates will be required to prepare a lesson plan and teach a class of two riders who have mild
physical and/or cognitive disabilities. Class assignments will be given the evening before to allow review of paperwork and preparation of
* An optional practice ride id offered to Candidates. The ride will be Thursday evening. It is a ride to become familiar with the horse assigned for the
riding test. It is not a lesson and will be supervised by Born 2 Be instructors. You will be allowed to walk/trot/canter in each direction. Once
achieved, the ride is over. The ride will be 20 minutes or less.
Evaluators: Katy Mead & Eileen Leek
Hotel information, maps to hotels and our site and other information will be provided upon receipt of all registration requirements. You will need to make your own travel arrangements and hotel reservation.
For More Information: Contact Mary Gwinner at Born 2 Be TEC
Phone 940-595-8200 Fax to 817-887-1869 Email: [email protected] www.born2betec.org
INTENT TO ATTEND
WORKSHOP AND/OR CERTIFICATION
Workshop: November 16 - 19, 2016 Certification: November 19 (evening) and November 19, 2016
One Form per Person - Photocopies of Form OK
Mail to: Born 2 Be Therapeutic Equestrian Center
3575 Sauls Rd.
Aubrey, Texas 76227
City:______________________________________________ State: ____________Zip:____________________
Home Phone:______________________________Work: ________________________Cell:_________________
Center Affiliation (if applicable):_________________________________PATH Membership No._______________
For Certification: Date completed Phase I ______________________(must be completed min. 30 days prior to Certification)
Workshop Fee......................................$400 ($375 if registered by September 15) __________________
Workshop Audit.....................................$75 (+$35 for Manual - optional) __________________
Certification Fee....................................$300 ($275 if registered by September 15) ___________________
Both Workshop and Certification Fee....$700($675 if registered by September 15) ___________________
Practice ride (supervised, 20 min. or less) Nov. 19th (optional $35 - Candidates only) ___________________
If attending Certification, will you require a Born 2 Be horse for the riding demo? Yes_____ No_______
Method of Payment: _____ Check #_____________
______ Credit Card:
Deadline for Registration for Certification is October 20, 2016
** Note: for your application for Certification to be accepted, you must include:
_____ a copy of your Confirmation of Instructor-In-Training status letter from PATH
_____ a copy of PATH membership card
_____ copies of current CPR & First Aid Cards
Cancellation Policy: If a candidate must cancel, 50% of the fee may be refunded if Born 2 Be is notified before October 1, 2016.